Sunday 28 July 1996
It was Sunday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Bill Clinton (Democratic). In that special week of July people in US were listening to You're Makin' Me High by Toni Braxton.
In UK Killing Me Softly by Fugees was in the top 5 hits.
Matilda, directed by Danny DeVito, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1996
while Cause of Death by Patricia Cornwell was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1996.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 July 1996!
Which were the important events of 28 July 1996 ?
- St. Celsus
- St. Victor
- St. Innocent
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 5 saints: St. Nazarius
- San Marino - Fall of the Fascist Government
- Peru - Independence Day
- Faroe Islands - �lavs�ka Eve
- Canada - Commemoration of the deportation of the Acadians
- St. Sampson (a bishop)
- Alonso Villalpando: Pop Singer.
- Montana Thomas: American noted family, the son of actor Richard Thomas (45) and his second wife, Georgiana (36).
- New York Yankee Darryl Strawberry hits his 300th HR
- Vicki Fergon wins LPGA Micelob Light Heartland Golf Classic
- The remains of a prehistoric man are discovered near Kennewick, Washington. Such remains will be known as the Kennewick Man.
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1996 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Toni Braxton - You're Makin' Me High
- 2 Pac - How Do U Want It
- Tracy Chapman - Give Me One Reason
- Los Del Rio - Macarena (Bayside Boys Mix)
- Keith Sweat - Twisted
- Alanis Morissette - You Learn
- Eric Clapton - Change The World
- R. Kelly - I Can't Sleep Baby (If I)
- Quad City DJ's - C'Mon N' Ride It (The Train)
- Bone Thugs-N-Harmony - Tha Crossroads
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?