Saturday 28 July 2007
It was Saturday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
In that special week of July people in US were listening to Hey There Delilah by Plain White T's.
In UK Umbrella by Rihanna featuring Jay-Z was in the top 5 hits.
The Bourne Ultimatum, directed by Paul Greengrass, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2007
while The Quickie by James Patterson, Michael Ledwidge was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Mad Men.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Cars Mater-National Championship or Professor Layton.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2007.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 July 2007!
Which were the important events of 28 July 2007 ?
- St. Celsus
- St. Victor
- St. Innocent
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 5 saints: St. Nazarius
- San Marino - Fall of the Fascist Government
- Peru - Independence Day
- Faroe Islands - �lavs�ka Eve
- Canada - Commemoration of the deportation of the Acadians
- St. Sampson (a bishop)
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 28 July
- Pakistan raises concerns about a draft bill adopted by the United States Congress that ties United States foreign aid to progress in the fight against Al Qaeda and the Taliban. (The Hindu)
- Colombia's intelligence chief Andrés Peñate claims FARC rebels accidentally killed 11 politicians it was holding, after running into another rebel unit. (BBC)
- The President of the United States George W. Bush urges Congress to pass legislation to expand potential surveillance targets. (Bloomberg)
- The death toll from the Summer 2007 United Kingdom floods rises to nine as police find a body near Tewkesbury in Gloucestershire. (Reuters via ABC News Australia)
- War in Afghanistan: A British soldier is killed by a rocket attack in the Helmand Province. (BBC)
- The Lal Masjid in Islamabad is closed indefinitely following a suicide bombing with Pakistani authorities warning of more bomb attacks to come. (Reuters via CNN)
- Bernard Kouchner, the French Foreign Minister, arrives in Lebanon to reduce tensions between the Prime Minister of Lebanon Fouad Siniora and the pro-Syrian opposition. (BBC)
- Rwanda abolishes capital punishment. (Calcutta News)
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 2007 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?