Tuesday 28 July 2009
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic). In that special week of July people in US were listening to I Gotta Feeling by The Black Eyed Peas.
Julie & Julia, directed by Nora Ephron, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2009
while Glenn Beck's Common Sense by Glenn Beck was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 July 2009!
Which were the important events of 28 July 2009 ?
- St. Celsus
- St. Victor
- St. Innocent
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 5 saints: St. Nazarius
- San Marino - Fall of the Fascist Government
- Peru - Independence Day
- Faroe Islands - �lavs�ka Eve
- Canada - Commemoration of the deportation of the Acadians
- St. Sampson (a bishop)
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 28 July
- At least fifteen people die and at least 65 more disappear after a boat carrying 200 Haitian migrants sinks near the Turks and Caicos Islands. (''Toronto Star'')
- Violence in Nigeria continues as troops shell the home of Ustaz Mohammed Yusuf in Maiduguri, Borno State. (''The Miami Herald'')
- England and Japan will stage the Rugby World Cup in 2015 and 2019 respectively. (''The Times'')
- The United States and China continue the first U.S.-China Strategic and Economic Dialogue. (''The Washington Post'')
- South African police clash with about 200 protesters at an informal settlement outside Johannesburg. (BBC)
- Kashmiri minister Omar Abdullah resigns over claims he was involved in a sex trafficking and underage prostitution racket. (''The Times'')
- The Garda Síochána and Metropolitan Police Service in London arrest and charge three men in connection with Ireland's largest cocaine seizure in West Cork in July 2007. (RTÉ)
- Abdelkader Belliraj, accused of leading an Islamist militant group and committing six murders in Belgium, is sentenced to life imprisonment in Morocco. (BBC)
- Iran releases 140 people detained in its post-election unrest as the supreme leader orders a prison where jailed protesters were killed be closed. (Press TV)
- Uyghur activist Rebiya Kadeer lands in Tokyo despite anger from China. (''The Japan Times'')
- Protests outside Croke Park threaten to disrupt U2's 360° Tour Gothenburg dates and several football matches. (''Taiwan News'')
- AIDS campaigners and human rights groups accuse the Cambodian government of herding HIV-affected families into an ampquotAids colonyampquot outside Phnom Penh. (''The Guardian'')
- Licia Nunez, a model and soap opera actress, admits meeting Silvio Berlusconi at a health spa in 2008 but denies she is a prostitute. (''The Times'')
- A national memorial is to be erected and a national day of remembrance is considered in Ireland for victims of child abuse. (''Irish Examiner'')
- The longlist for the 2009 Man Booker Prize is announced. (''The Guardian'')
- Chinese scientists announce the discovery of ampquotvampire geneampquot, Tryp-SPc. (AsiaNews)
- Italian officials evacuate a newly built hospital in Agrigento in western Sicily after tests show it risked collapse in an earthquake. (BBC)
- 22 people are killed, 41 are injured and seven are missing after heavy rain and floods in Sichuan. (''China Daily'')
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 2009 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Black Eyed Peas - I Gotta Feeling
- The Black Eyed Peas - Boom Boom Pow
- Best I Ever Had - Drake
- Taylor Swift - You Belong With Me
- Pitbull - I Know You Want Me (Calle Ocho)
- Keri Hilson - Knock You Down
- Birthday Sex - Jeremih
- Lady GaGa - LoveGame
- Sean Kingston - Fire Burning
- Katy Perry - Waking Up In Vegas
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?