Wednesday 28 July 2010
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of July people in US were listening to Love The Way You Lie by Eminem.
The Expendables, directed by Sylvester Stallone, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2010
while The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo by Stieg Larsson was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Vacuum with Gal Gabai.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Dead Rising 2 or Lego Universe.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2010.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 July 2010!
Which were the important events of 28 July 2010 ?
- St. Celsus
- St. Victor
- St. Innocent
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 5 saints: St. Nazarius
- San Marino - Fall of the Fascist Government
- Peru - Independence Day
- Faroe Islands - �lavs�ka Eve
- Canada - Commemoration of the deportation of the Acadians
- St. Sampson (a bishop)
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 28 July
- A bomb on a civilian bus in Nimruz Province in southwest Afghanistan results in at least 25 deaths. (samaylive)
- An explosion at a plastics factory in Nanjing, China, kills at least 12 people and injures hundreds. (Reuters)
- A United States Air Force Boeing C-17 crashes at the Elmendorf Air Force Base in Alaska. (''The News Tribune'')
- A boat sinks on the Kasai river in the Democratic Republic of the Congo, killing as many as 140. (UPI)
- During a visit to India, British Prime Minister David Cameron warns Pakistan not to have any relationship with groups that ampquotpromote the export of terrorampquot. (''Indian Express'')
- Around 300 Bedouins living in ampquotillegal settlementsampquot in Israel's Negev desert have been made homeless after police raided their village and razed their homes. They are to be resettled in Rahat. (BBC)
- French police find the bodies of eight new-born babies in the village of Villers-au-Tertre in north-east of France. (BBC)
- Eight severed heads are discovered in four locations in the Mexican state of Durango. (UPI)
- The ruling Grand National Party in South Korea wins five out of eight seats in a by-election to National Assembly seats left vacant by resignations or convictions. (Yonhap)
- Governor of the U.S. state of California Arnold Schwarzenegger declares a ampquotfiscal state of emergencyampquot requiring most state employees to take three days a month of unpaid leave until a new budget is enacted. (AFP via ''Sydney Morning Herald'')
- The Spanish autonomous community of Catalonia bans bullfighting, the first region on the mainland to do so. (''Los Angeles Times'')
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 2010 ?
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?