Sunday 28 June 1914
It was Sunday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
The King of the Beggars, directed by , was one of the most viewed movies released in 1914
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1914.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 June 1914!
Which were the important events of 28 June 1914 ?
- Feast of St Irenaeus of Lyon
- Vidovdan, Orthodox religious holiday commemorating St. Vitus
- National Handshake Day
- Charles Urbanus: Dutch baseball player.
- Lester Raymond Flatt: Tennessee, United States -- Bluegrass (Earl-Ballad of Jed Clampett).
- Aribert Heim: Austrian physician (d. 1992).
- Countess Sophie Chotek: wife of Franz Ferdinand, Archduke of Austria (assassinated) (Born 1868).
- Sophie : German-born Greek royalty, Queen of the Hellenes as the wife of King Constantine I. She was the younger sister of Kaiser Wilhelm II.
- Franz Ferdinand: Archduke of Austria and his wife Sophia are assassinated in Sarajevo by young Serbian nationalist Gavrilo Princip , the casus belli of World War I..
- Austria invades Siberia (WWI)
- Chionya Gusyeva attempts and fails to assassinate Grigori Rasputin at his home town in Siberia.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1914 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Celebratin' Day in Tennessee - Arthur Collins & Byron Harlan
- You're Here and I'm Here - Harry Macdonough & Olive Kline
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?