Friday 28 June 1918
It was Friday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Bert Schierbeek [Lambertus] and Willie Whitelaw.
Cupid Angling, directed by Albert Morrison, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1918
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 June 1918!
Which were the important events of 28 June 1918 ?
- Feast of St Irenaeus of Lyon
- Vidovdan, Orthodox religious holiday commemorating St. Vitus
- National Handshake Day
- Bert Schierbeek [Lambertus]: Dutch writer / poet (Cross Roads).
- Willie Whitelaw: British politician, Deputy Prime Minister (d. 1999).
- William Whitelaw: Scottish lawyer and politician, 1st Viscount Whitelaw, Deputy Prime Minister of Great Britain from 1979 to 1988.
- Georges Dard: France sport Champion.
- Donald Nunn: St Paul Military man.
- 1st flight between Hawaiian Islands
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1918 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Just Like Washington Crossed the Delaware, General Pershing Will Cross the Rhine - Peerless Quartet
- I May Stay Away a Little Longer - Peerless Quartet
- Just a Baby's Prayer at Twilight - Charles Hart
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?