Thursday 28 June 1928
It was Thursday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Andrew Gordon Speedie-Pask and Ronald Alfred Gardyne "Rags" Butler.
The Racket, directed by Lewis Milestone, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1928
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1928.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 June 1928!
Which were the important events of 28 June 1928 ?
- Feast of St Irenaeus of Lyon
- Vidovdan, Orthodox religious holiday commemorating St. Vitus
- National Handshake Day
- Andrew Gordon Speedie-Pask: Cybernetician stage producer / lyricist.
- Ronald Alfred Gardyne "Rags" Butler: Sailor.
- Claus Biederstaedt: German actor and voice actor.
- Eric Dolphy: American jazz musician, he played saxophone, clarinet and flute.
- Hans Blix: Swedish politician and diplomat 33rd Swedish Minister of Foreign Affairs.
- Harold Evans: English journalist and writer; editor of The Sunday Times
- Cyril Smith: Actor (Adventures of Sir Lancelot), dies at 70
- Friedrich Schmiedl attempted rocket mail in Austria (unsuccessful)
- Alfred E Smith (Governor of New York) is nominated for President of the USA at Democratic Convention.
- The International Railway (New York – Ontario) switches to one-man crews for its trolleys in Canada.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?