Saturday 28 June 1930
It was Saturday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Nikolay Nikolayevich Karetnikov and Pierre Romeyer.
The Unholy Three, directed by Jack Conway, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1930
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 June 1930!
Which were the important events of 28 June 1930 ?
- Feast of St Irenaeus of Lyon
- Vidovdan, Orthodox religious holiday commemorating St. Vitus
- National Handshake Day
- Nikolay Nikolayevich Karetnikov: Composer.
- Pierre Romeyer: Belgian chef, renowned in his field.
- William Campbell: Irish-American biologist and parasitologist Nobel Prize laureate.
- Itamar Franco: Brazilian engineer and politician 33rd President of Brazil (d. 2011).
- Jack Gold: English director and producer (d. 2015).
- 1st night game in Detroit at newly built Hamtramck Stadium as Negro League Detroit Stars take on Kansas City Monarchs
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?