Monday 28 June 1937
It was Monday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Wee Willie Winkie, directed by John Ford, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1937
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1937.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 June 1937!
Which were the important events of 28 June 1937 ?
- Feast of St Irenaeus of Lyon
- Vidovdan, Orthodox religious holiday commemorating St. Vitus
- National Handshake Day
- Richard Bright: American actor (Born 1937).
- Fernand Labrie: Canadian endocrinologist and academic.
- Ron Luciano: American baseball player and umpire (d. 1995).
- Marcel Bescos: France sport Champion.
- Tom Magliozzi: American auto mechanic and radio show host; with his brother Ray, host of "Car Talk".
- Max Adler: Austrian socialist theorist, dies at 64.
- Civilian Conservation Corps (CCC) established in the United States, superseding the Emergency Conservation Work program.
- June ndash Picasso completes his painting ''Guernica''.
- June/July ndash The Dáil Éireann debates and passes the draft new Constitution of Ireland, which is then submitted for public approval by plebiscite.
- The Gestapo arrests pastor Martin Niemöller.
- In a referendum the people of the Irish Free State accept the new Constitution by 685,105 votes to 527,945.
- First alleged sighting of the White River Monster.
- Amelia Earhart and navigator Fred Noonan disappear after taking off from New Guinea during Earhart's attempt to become the first woman to fly around the world.
- A guard takes his place at the Tomb of the Unknowns in Washington, DC continuous guard has been maintained there ever since.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?