Saturday 28 June 1941
It was Saturday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Sergeant York, directed by Howard Hawks, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1941
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1941.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 June 1941!
Which were the important events of 28 June 1941 ?
- Feast of St Irenaeus of Lyon
- Vidovdan, Orthodox religious holiday commemorating St. Vitus
- National Handshake Day
- Ann Leslie: English journalist.
- Al Downing: American baseball player and sportscaster.
- Joseph Goguen: American computer scientist and academic developed the OBJ language (d. 2006).
- David Johnston: Canadian academic lawyer and politician 28th Governor-General of Canada.
- German and Romanian soldiers kill 11,000 Jews in Kishinev
- German troops occupy Galicia Poland
- WWII: Albania declares war on the Soviet Union.
- July ndash The British Army's Special Air Service is formed.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?