Sunday 28 June 1942
It was Sunday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Mrs. Miniver, directed by William Wyler, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1942
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1942.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 June 1942!
Which were the important events of 28 June 1942 ?
- Feast of St Irenaeus of Lyon
- Vidovdan, Orthodox religious holiday commemorating St. Vitus
- National Handshake Day
- "Chris" Martin Thembisile Hani: Secretary General (South Africa Communist Party).
- Jim Kolbe: (Rep-R-Arizona, 1985- ).
- Sjoukje Dijkstra: Holland, Netherlands -- Figure skater (1964 Olympics - Gold Medalist).
- Chris Hani: South African politician, leader of the South African Communist Party (d. 1993).
- Hans-Joachim Walde: German decathlete (d. 2013).
- Frank Zane: American bodybuilder and actor
- Rupert Sheldrake: British scientist, a holistic biologist and philosopher of science; the author of numerous books such as "Dogs that Know When their Owners are Coming Home" and "Other Unexplained Powers of Animals," 1999, "The Evolutionary Mind," 1998, "The Presence of the Past," 1988, and "A New Science of Life," 1981.
- David Miner: American guitarist and record producer
- David Kopay: American football player and author. A ten-year veteran running back for major teams. He was the first professional athlete to reveal his homosexuality in late 1975. There was a variety of reactions from outrage to congratulations for candor. Author of an autobiography.
- Dumont TV network begins (WABD New York).
- Nazi Germany started its strategic summer offensive against the Soviet Union, codenamed Case Blue
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?