Friday 28 June 1946
It was Friday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Night and Day, directed by Michael Curtiz, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1946
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1946.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 June 1946!
Which were the important events of 28 June 1946 ?
- Feast of St Irenaeus of Lyon
- Vidovdan, Orthodox religious holiday commemorating St. Vitus
- National Handshake Day
- Gilda Radner: American comedienne on stage and film who created a gallery of offbeat characters as one of the original cast members of TV's "Saturday Night Live.
- Robert Asprin: American soldier and author (d. 2008).
- Bruce Davison: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania -- Actor (Captain Wyler-Hunter, Willard, High Risk).
- David Duckham: English rugby player.
- Gilda Radner in Detroit: Michigan, USA; comedienne (Baba Wawa - Saturday Night Live).
- Jaime Guzmán: Chilean lawyer and politician (d. 1991)
- John "Mike" Lounge in Denver: Colorado, USA; astronaut (STS 51-I, STS 26, STS 35).
- Robert Rodriguez: American composer
- Robert L Asprin: United States -- Sci-fi writer (Thieves World, Cold Cash War)
- Robert Xavier Rodriguez: Composer
- Howard Barker: English playwright
- Roger Godsiff: English politician
- Jaime Guzman: Chilean politician
- Eduard Veterman: Dutch Painter / playwright, dies in an auto accident.
- Permanent radio play-by-play of Cleveland Indians games begins
- Enrico de Nicola becomes first president of Italy.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1946 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Doin' What Comes Natur'lly - Freddy Martin & His Orchestra
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?