Saturday 28 June 1947
It was Saturday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Brute Force, directed by Jules Dassin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1947
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1947.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 June 1947!
Which were the important events of 28 June 1947 ?
- Feast of St Irenaeus of Lyon
- Vidovdan, Orthodox religious holiday commemorating St. Vitus
- National Handshake Day
- Mark Clark: American black power activist (d. 1969).
- Patrick Kincaid: Who wrote the TODAY program; send him a card.
- Mark Helprin: American author of "A Winter's Tale," published in 1984.
- Laura Tyson: American economist and academic.
- Robert Bondi: American politician.
- Clarissa Dickson Wright: English celebrity chef
- Annie Duperrey: Rouen Actor
- Anny Duperey: French stage, film and television actress and best-selling author. She is a Chevalier of the Légion d'honneur.
- Stanislav K Neumann: Czech Poet (Anti-Guide), dies at 72.
- Temptation (Tim-Tayshun) by Red Ingle with Jo Stafford hits #1
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1947 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- One O'clock Boogie - Count Basie & His Orchestra
- Peg O' My Heart - Buddy Clark
- Art Lund - Peg O' My Heart
- Peg O' My Heart - Ted Weems & His Orchestra
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?