Saturday 28 June 1947
It was Saturday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Patrick Kincaid and Robert Bondi.
Brute Force, directed by Jules Dassin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1947
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 June 1947!
Which were the important events of 28 June 1947 ?
- Feast of St Irenaeus of Lyon
- Vidovdan, Orthodox religious holiday commemorating St. Vitus
- National Handshake Day
- Patrick Kincaid: Who wrote the TODAY program; send him a card.
- Robert Bondi: American politician.
- Clarissa Dickson Wright: English celebrity chef.
- Anny Duperey: French stage, film and television actress and best-selling author.
- Mark Helprin: American author of "A Winter's Tale," published in 1984.
- Annie Duperrey: Rouen Actor
- Mark Clark: American black power activist (d. 1969)
- Laura Tyson: American economist and academic
- Stanislav K Neumann: Czech Poet (Anti-Guide), dies at 72.
- Temptation (Tim-Tayshun) by Red Ingle with Jo Stafford hits #1
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 28 June 1947
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1947 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- One O'clock Boogie - Count Basie & His Orchestra
- Peg O' My Heart - Buddy Clark
- Art Lund - Peg O' My Heart
- Peg O' My Heart - Ted Weems & His Orchestra
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?