Monday 28 June 1948
It was Monday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
A Foreign Affair, directed by Billy Wilder, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1948
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 June 1948!
Which were the important events of 28 June 1948 ?
- Feast of St Irenaeus of Lyon
- Vidovdan, Orthodox religious holiday commemorating St. Vitus
- National Handshake Day
- Sergei Bodrov: Russian-American director producer and screenwriter.
- Deborah Moggach: English author and screenwriter.
- Daniel Wegner: Canadian-American psychologist and academic (d. 2013).
- Kathy Bates: American actress, a sympathetic star of stage and screen.
- US / British airlift to West-Berlin begins
- Boxer Dick Turpin beats Vince Hawkins at Villa Park in Birmingham to become the first black British boxing champion in the modern era.
- The Cominform circulates the ''Resolution on the situation in the Communist Party of Yugoslavia''; Yugoslavia is expelled from the Communist bloc.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1948 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?