Tuesday 28 June 1955
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
In UK Cherry Pink And Apple Blossom White by Eddie Calvert was in the top 5 hits.
The Seven Little Foys, directed by Melville Shavelson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1955
while Something Of Value by Robert Ruark was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1955.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 June 1955!
Which were the important events of 28 June 1955 ?
- Feast of St Irenaeus of Lyon
- Vidovdan, Orthodox religious holiday commemorating St. Vitus
- National Handshake Day
- Eric Gates: English footballer and radio host.
- Steven Greer: American ufologist and author.
- Thomas Hampson: American opera singer.
- Shirley Cheriton: English actress.
- Steven M Greer: American ufologist and author.
- Mitch Addock: Macon, Mississippi -- Nike golfer (1992 BC Open-11th)
- Nikolai Simyatov: USSR -- Nordic skier (1976 Olympics - 3 Gold Medals)
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1955 ?
Top #6 songs in the USA
- Bill Haley and His Comets - (We're Gonna) Rock Around The Clock
- Frank Sinatra - Learnin' The Blues
- Unchained Melody - Les Baxter & His Orchestra
- Eddie Fisher - Heart
- Nat King Cole and the Four Knights - If I May
- Alan Dale - Sweet And Gentle
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?