Thursday 28 June 1956
It was Thursday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Giovanni Dell'elce and Amira Hass.
In UK I'll Be Home by Pat Boone was in the top 5 hits.
Somebody Up There Likes Me, directed by Robert Wise, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1956
while The Last Hurrah by Edwin O'Connor was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Kaiser Aluminum Hour.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 June 1956!
Which were the important events of 28 June 1956 ?
- Feast of St Irenaeus of Lyon
- Vidovdan, Orthodox religious holiday commemorating St. Vitus
- National Handshake Day
- Giovanni Dell'elce: Italian politician, a Member of Parliament.
- Amira Hass: Israeli journalist and author.
- Noel Mugavin: Australian Rules Football player.
- 1st atomic reactor built for private research operates Chicago, Illinois
- First atomic reactor built for private research operates in Chicago, Illinois, USA.
- Riots break out in Poznan, Poland; 38 die.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 28 June 1956
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1956 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?