Friday 28 June 1957
It was Friday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican). In that special week of June people in US were listening to Love Letters In The Sand by Pat Boone.
In UK Yes Tonight Josephine by Johnnie Ray was in the top 5 hits.
An Affair to Remember, directed by Leo McCarey, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1957
while The Scapegoat by Daphne du Maurier was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1957.
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 June 1957!
Which were the important events of 28 June 1957 ?
- Feast of St Irenaeus of Lyon
- Vidovdan, Orthodox religious holiday commemorating St. Vitus
- National Handshake Day
- Lance Nethery: Canadian ice hockey player and executive.
- Georgi Parvanov: Bulgarian historian and politician 4th President of Bulgaria.
- Mike Skinner: American race car driver.
- Jim Spanarkel: American basketball player and TV personality.
- Ede Poldini: Composer, dies at 88.
- Frick overrules and names Stan Musial, Willie Mays, and Hank Aaron to team
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1957 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Pat Boone - Love Letters In The Sand
- Jimmy Dorsey - So Rare
- The Everly Brothers - Bye Bye Love
- Elvis Presley - All Shook Up
- Marty Robbins - A White Sport Coat (And A Pink Carnation)
- Gale Storm - Dark Moon
- Patti Page - Old Cape Cod
- Ricky Nelson - A Teenager's Romance
- The Coasters - Searchin'
- The Diamonds - Little Darlin'
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?