Saturday 28 June 1958
It was Saturday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican). In that special week of June people in US were listening to The Purple People Eater by Sheb Wooley.
In UK Who's Sorry Now by Connie Francis was in the top 5 hits.
King Creole, directed by Michael Curtiz, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1958
while Anatomy Of A Murder by Robert Traver was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1958.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 June 1958!
Which were the important events of 28 June 1958 ?
- Feast of St Irenaeus of Lyon
- Vidovdan, Orthodox religious holiday commemorating St. Vitus
- National Handshake Day
- Oran "Juice" Jones: Rocker (Curiosity, Here I Go Again).
- Sergei Shakrai: USSR -- Figure skater (1980 Olympics - Silver Medalist).
- Donna F Edwards: U.
- Felix Gray: French singer and songwriter.
- Giuseppe Pelosi: Italian prostitute, a street hustler who beat the director Pier Paolo Pasolini to death on 11/01/1975, 11:30 PM MET, Divitavecchia, Italy.
- Alfred Noyes: British Poet / essayist (Robin Hood), dies at 77.
- Brazil becomes world soccer champ in Sweden
- Nancy Ramey swims world record 100m (1:09.6)
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1958 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Sheb Wooley - The Purple People Eater
- The Everly Brothers - All I Have To Do Is Dream
- The Coasters - Yakety Yak
- David Seville - Witch Doctor
- Jimmie Rodgers - Secretly
- Dean Martin - Return To Me
- Bobby Freeman - Do You Want To Dance
- Nat King Cole - Looking Back
- Jan and Arnie - Jennie Lee
- Jody Reynolds - Endless Sleep
Get back in touch
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?