Tuesday 28 June 1960
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican). In that special week of June people in US were listening to Everybody's Somebody's Fool by Connie Francis.
In UK Three Steps To Heaven by Eddie Cochran was in the top 5 hits.
13 Ghosts, directed by William Castle, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1960
while Advise And Consent by Allen Drury was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1960.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 June 1960!
Which were the important events of 28 June 1960 ?
- Feast of St Irenaeus of Lyon
- Vidovdan, Orthodox religious holiday commemorating St. Vitus
- National Handshake Day
- John Elway: American athlete, quarterback with the Broncos.
- Roland Melanson: Canadian ice hockey player and coach.
- Jake Swirbul: American businessman co-founded the Grumman Aircraft Engineering Corporation (d. 1960).
- 10.40 (26.42 cm) of rainfall, Dunmor, Kentucky (state 24-hour record)
- 26.42 cm (10.40 inches) of rainfall in Dunmor, Kentucky, USA (state 24-hour record).
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1960 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Connie Francis - Everybody's Somebody's Fool
- The Everly Brothers - Cathy's Clown
- Hollywood Argyles - Alley-Oop
- Jack Scott - Burning Bridges
- Duane Eddy - Because They're Young
- Brenda Lee - I'm Sorry
- Dinah Washington - A Rockin' Good Way (To Mess Around And Fall In Love)
- Anita Bryant - Paper Roses
- Jimmy Jones - Good Timin'
- Bobby Rydell - Swingin' School
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?