Friday 28 June 1963
It was Friday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic). In that special week of June people in US were listening to Sukiyaki by Kyu Sakamoto.
In UK From Me To You by The Beatles was in the top 5 hits.
The Great Escape, directed by John Sturges, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1963
while Raise High The Roof Beam, Carpenters by J.D was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1963.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 June 1963!
Which were the important events of 28 June 1963 ?
- Feast of St Irenaeus of Lyon
- Vidovdan, Orthodox religious holiday commemorating St. Vitus
- National Handshake Day
- Allen Pitts: CFL slot back (Calgary Stampeders).
- Andy Cousin: rocker (All About Eve - "All About Scarlet and Other Stories").
- Papa Spyk: Belgian professional rugby player, model, and Hollywood stuntman.
- Peter Baynham: Welsh actor producer and screenwriter.
- Charlie Clouser: American keyboard player songwriter and producer (Nine Inch Nails).
- Frank "Home: Run" Baker (hit two home runs in 1911 world series) dies at age 77.
- Belaunde Terry inaugurated as President of Peru
- Khrushchev visits East-Berlin
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1963 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Kyu Sakamoto - Sukiyaki
- Lesley Gore - It's My Party
- Barbara Lewis - Hello Stranger
- Bobby Vinton - Blue On Blue
- The Essex - Easier Said Than Done
- Nat King Cole - Those Lazy-Hazy-Crazy Days Of Summer
- The Chiffons - One Fine Day
- The Dovells - You Can't Sit Down
- Lonnie Mack - Memphis
- Jan & Dean - Surf City
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?