Friday 28 June 1963
It was Friday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic). In that special week of June people in US were listening to Sukiyaki by Kyu Sakamoto.
In UK From Me To You by The Beatles was in the top 5 hits.
The Great Escape, directed by John Sturges, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1963
while Raise High The Roof Beam, Carpenters by J.D was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 June 1963!
Which were the important events of 28 June 1963 ?
- Feast of St Irenaeus of Lyon
- Vidovdan, Orthodox religious holiday commemorating St. Vitus
- National Handshake Day
- Andy Cousin: rocker (All About Eve - "All About Scarlet and Other Stories").
- Peter Baynham: Welsh actor producer and screenwriter.
- Charlie Clouser: American keyboard player songwriter and producer (Nine Inch Nails).
- Wisit Sasanatieng: Thai director and screenwriter.
- Tierney Sutton: American singer.
- Allen Pitts: CFL slot back (Calgary Stampeders)
- Papa Spyk: Belgian professional rugby player, model, and Hollywood stuntman. Papa Spyk has appeared in films such as American Ninja, Tropical Heat and Red Scorpion. On 13 July 1997, he had a massive heart attack caused by steroids and recreational drugs, and survived.
- Frank "Home: Run" Baker (hit two home runs in 1911 world series) dies at age 77.
- Belaunde Terry inaugurated as President of Peru
- Khrushchev visits East-Berlin
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1963 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Kyu Sakamoto - Sukiyaki
- Jan & Dean - Surf City
- Lesley Gore - It's My Party
- The Essex - Easier Said Than Done
- Barbara Lewis - Hello Stranger
- The Dovells - You Can't Sit Down
- Bobby Vinton - Blue On Blue
- Lonnie Mack - Memphis
- The Chiffons - One Fine Day
- Nat King Cole - Those Lazy-Hazy-Crazy Days Of Summer
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?