Monday 28 June 1965
It was Monday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic). In that special week of June people in US were listening to I Can't Help Myself by Four Tops.
In UK Crying In The Chapel by Elvis Presley was in the top 5 hits.
Monster a-Go Go, directed by Bill Rebane, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1965
while Up The Down Staircase by Bel Kaufman was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1965.
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 June 1965!
Which were the important events of 28 June 1965 ?
- Feast of St Irenaeus of Lyon
- Vidovdan, Orthodox religious holiday commemorating St. Vitus
- National Handshake Day
- Michele Timms: WNBA guard (Phoenix Mercury, Olympics - 1988, 96).
- David Visentin: TV Show Host.
- Belayneh Dinsamo: Ethiopian runner.
- Jessica Hecht: American actress and singer.
- Sonny Strait: American voice actor and singer.
- 1st US ground combat forces in Vietnam authorized by President Johnson
- Princess Beatrice and Claus von Amsberg announce engagement
- First US ground combat forces in Vietnam authorized by President Lyndon Johnson.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1965 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Four Tops - I Can't Help Myself
- The Rolling Stones - (I Can't Get No) Satisfaction
- The Byrds - Mr. Tambourine Man
- Sam the Sham and the Pharaohs - Wooly Bully
- Herman's Hermits - Wonderful World
- The Yardbirds - For Your Love
- Johnny Rivers - Seventh Son
- Elvis Presley - Crying In The Chapel
- Barbara Mason - Yes, I'm Ready
- Jackie De Shannon - What The World Needs Now Is Love
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?