Tuesday 28 June 1966
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic). In that special week of June people in US were listening to Strangers In The Night by Frank Sinatra.
In UK Strangers In The Night by Frank Sinatra was in the top 5 hits.
The Sword of Doom, directed by Kihachi Okamoto, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1966
while Valley Of The Dolls by Jacqueline Susann was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1966.
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 June 1966!
Which were the important events of 28 June 1966 ?
- Feast of St Irenaeus of Lyon
- Vidovdan, Orthodox religious holiday commemorating St. Vitus
- National Handshake Day
- Hilary Young: American astrologer, founder of inTheStars.
- Peeter Allik: Estonian painter and illustrator.
- Andrew Lang: NBA center (Minnesota Timberwolves, Milwaukee Bucks).
- Bobby Bare: Jr.
- Mike Bellamy: WLAF receiver (Frankfurt Galaxy).
- Mary Masterson: American actress director and producer
- Sara Stewart: Scottish actress
- John Cusack: American actor
- Mary Stuart Masterson in Houston: Texas, USA; actress (Some Kind of Wonderful).
- Ernie Terrel beats Doug Jones in 15 wba for heavyweight boxing title
- In Argentina, a junta deposes president Arturo Umberto Illia in a coup, and appoints General Juan Carlos Onganía to lead.
- A sailors' strike, organised by the National Union of Seamen, ends in the United Kingdom.
- Vietnam War: U.S. planes begin bombing Hanoi and Haiphong.
- France formally leaves NATO.
- The National Organization for Women (NOW) is founded in Washington, DC.
- July ndash Gangster Charlie Richardson is arrested by police and sentenced to 25 years in prison in the following year for his part in the Torture Gang assaults.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1966 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Frank Sinatra - Strangers In The Night
- The Beatles - Paperback Writer
- The Cyrkle - Red Rubber Ball
- The Rolling Stones - Paint It, Black
- Dusty Springfield - You Don't Have To Say You Love Me
- Tommy James and the Shondells - Hanky Panky
- The Capitols - Cool Jerk
- Simon and Garfunkel - I Am A Rock
- The Lovin' Spoonful - Did You Ever Have To Make Up Your Mind?
- Robert Parker - Barefootin'
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?