Saturday 28 June 1969
It was Saturday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Danielle Brisebois in Brooklyn and Tichina Arnold in New York City.
In that special week of June people in US were listening to Love Theme From Romeo & Juliet by Henry Mancini, His Orchestra And Chorus.
In UK The Ballad Of John And Yoko by The Beatles was in the top 5 hits.
Death Rides a Horse, directed by Giulio Petroni, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1969
while The Love Machine by Jacqueline Susann was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Main Chance.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 June 1969!
Which were the important events of 28 June 1969 ?
- Feast of St Irenaeus of Lyon
- Vidovdan, Orthodox religious holiday commemorating St. Vitus
- National Handshake Day
- Danielle Brisebois in Brooklyn: New York, USA; actress (Archie's Place, Big Bad Mama 2).
- Tichina Arnold in New York City: New York, USA; actress (Ryan's Hope, Sharla - All My Children).
- Fabrizio Mori: Italian athlete, the winner of a Gold Medal in the 400 m. hurdle at the World Championships, 27 August 1999, 21:02, Seville, Spain.
- Tichina Arnold: TV Actress.
- Danielle Brisebois: American singer-songwriter producer and actress (New Radicals).
- Ayelet Zurer: Israeli-American actress
- Stonewall Riots begin in New York City marking the start of the Gay Rights Movement.
- The Stonewall riots in New York City mark the start of the modern gay rights movement in the U.S.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 28 June 1969
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1969 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Henry Mancini, His Orchestra And Chorus - Love Theme From Romeo & Juliet
- Creedence Clearwater Revival - Bad Moon Rising
- The Beatles - Get Back
- Marvin Gaye - Too Busy Thinking About My Baby
- Three Dog Night - One
- Blood, Sweat & Tears - Spinning Wheel
- Elvis Presley - In The Ghetto
- Oliver - Good Morning Starshine
- Desmond Dekker & the Aces - Israelites
- The Friends Of Distinction - Grazing In The Grass
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?