Monday 28 June 1971
It was Monday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican). In that special week of June people in US were listening to It's Too Late by Carole King.
In UK Knock Three Times by Dawn was in the top 5 hits.
Walkabout, directed by Nicolas Roeg, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1971
while The Passions Of The Mind by Irving Stone was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 June 1971!
Which were the important events of 28 June 1971 ?
- Feast of St Irenaeus of Lyon
- Vidovdan, Orthodox religious holiday commemorating St. Vitus
- National Handshake Day
- Fabien Barthez: French football (soccer) player, who won honours as a goalkeeper with Marseille, Manchester United and the French national team, with whom he won the 1998 FIFA World Cup and Euro 2000 and reached the final of the 2006 World Cup.
- Greg Evans: NFL / WLAF safety (Buffalo Bills, Frankfurt Galaxy).
- Greg Keagle: Corning, New York -- Pitcher (Detroit Tigers).
- Jeff Cothran: NFL fullback (Cin Bengals).
- Lorenzo Amoruso: Italian footballer.
- Kenny Cunningham: Irish footballer and coach
- Norika Fujiwara: Japanese model and actress Miss Universe Japan 1992
- Bobby Hurley: American basketball player and coach
- Ron Mahay: American baseball player and scout
- Ray Slijngaard: Dutch rapper (2 Unlimited and Ray & Anita)
- Aileen Quinn: American actress
- Elon Musk: Entrepreneur
- Louise Bagshawe: British novelist and politician
- Tichina Arnold: American actress and singer
- Fillmore East closes
- Supreme Court (8-0) overturns draft evasion conviction of Muhammad Ali
- US Supreme Court overturns draft evasion conviction of Muhammad Ali.
- Assassin Jerome A. Johnson shoots Joe Colombo in the head in a middle of an Italian-American rally, putting him in a coma.
- After a successful mission aboard ''Salyut 1'', the world's first manned space station, the crew of the ''Soyuz 11'' spacecraft are killed when their air supply leaks out through a faulty valve.
- ''New York Times Co. v. United States'': The U.S. Supreme Court rules that the Pentagon Papers may be published, rejecting government injunctions as unconstitutional prior restraint.
- July ndash Nordic Council secretariat inaugurated.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1971 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Carole King - It's Too Late
- The Rolling Stones - Brown Sugar
- The Raiders - Indian Reservation (The Lament Of The Cherokee Reservation Indian)
- The Honey Cone - Want Ads
- James Taylor - You've Got A Friend
- Carpenters - Rainy Days And Mondays
- Cornelius Brothers & Sister Rose - Treat Her Like A Lady
- Ringo Starr - It Don't Come Easy
- Hamilton, Joe Frank & Reynolds - Don't Pull Your Love
- Jerry Reed - When You're Hot, You're Hot
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?