Monday 28 June 1971
It was Monday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Greg Evans and Greg Keagle.
In that special week of June people in US were listening to It's Too Late by Carole King.
In UK Knock Three Times by Dawn was in the top 5 hits.
Walkabout, directed by Nicolas Roeg, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1971
while The Passions Of The Mind by Irving Stone was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Über ganz Spanien wolkenloser Himmel.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Computer Space or The Oregon Trail.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 June 1971!
Which were the important events of 28 June 1971 ?
- Feast of St Irenaeus of Lyon
- Vidovdan, Orthodox religious holiday commemorating St. Vitus
- National Handshake Day
- Greg Evans: NFL / WLAF safety (Buffalo Bills, Frankfurt Galaxy).
- Greg Keagle: Corning, New York -- Pitcher (Detroit Tigers).
- Jeff Cothran: NFL fullback (Cin Bengals).
- Louise Bagshawe: British novelist and politician.
- Tichina Arnold: American actress and singer.
- Fabien Barthez: French football (soccer) player, who won honours as a goalkeeper with Marseille, Manchester United and the French national team, with whom he won the 1998 FIFA World Cup and Euro 2000 and reached the final of the 2006 World Cup. He shares the record for the most World Cup finals clean sheets with Peter Shilton, with 10. In club football he won the Champions League as well as several Ligue 1 and Premier League titles. As a car driver, he competes at the 2016 24H du Mans.
- Aileen Quinn: American actress
- Elon Musk: Entrepreneur
- Lorenzo Amoruso: Italian footballer
- Kenny Cunningham: Irish footballer and coach
- Norika Fujiwara: Japanese model and actress Miss Universe Japan 1992
- Bobby Hurley: American basketball player and coach
- Ron Mahay: American baseball player and scout
- Ray Slijngaard: Dutch rapper (2 Unlimited and Ray & Anita)
- Fillmore East closes
- Supreme Court (8-0) overturns draft evasion conviction of Muhammad Ali
- US Supreme Court overturns draft evasion conviction of Muhammad Ali.
- Assassin Jerome A. Johnson shoots Joe Colombo in the head in a middle of an Italian-American rally, putting him in a coma.
- After a successful mission aboard ''Salyut 1'', the world's first manned space station, the crew of the ''Soyuz 11'' spacecraft are killed when their air supply leaks out through a faulty valve.
- ''New York Times Co. v. United States'': The U.S. Supreme Court rules that the Pentagon Papers may be published, rejecting government injunctions as unconstitutional prior restraint.
- July ndash Nordic Council secretariat inaugurated.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 28 June 1971
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1971 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Carole King - It's Too Late
- The Raiders - Indian Reservation (The Lament Of The Cherokee Reservation Indian)
- Cornelius Brothers & Sister Rose - Treat Her Like A Lady
- Carpenters - Rainy Days And Mondays
- Hamilton, Joe Frank & Reynolds - Don't Pull Your Love
- The Honey Cone - Want Ads
- The Rolling Stones - Brown Sugar
- James Taylor - You've Got A Friend
- Jerry Reed - When You're Hot, You're Hot
- Ringo Starr - It Don't Come Easy
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?