Friday 28 June 1974
It was Friday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican). In that special week of June people in US were listening to Sundown by Gordon Lightfoot.
In UK The Streak by Ray Stevens was in the top 5 hits.
Where the Red Fern Grows, directed by Norman Tokar, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1974
while Watership Down by Richard Adams was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1974.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 June 1974!
Which were the important events of 28 June 1974 ?
- Feast of St Irenaeus of Lyon
- Vidovdan, Orthodox religious holiday commemorating St. Vitus
- National Handshake Day
- Atilla Buday: Budapest, Hungary -- Canadian canoeist (1996 Olympics).
- Josh[ua] Crosby: Manchester, Massachusetts -- Rower (1996 Olympics).
- Karim Abdul-Jabaar: Running back (Miami Dolphins).
- Miki Mizuno: Japanese actress.
- Rob Dyrdek: American professional skateboarder.
- Frank Sutton: Actor (Sgt Vince Carter-Gomer Pyle USMC), dies at 50.
- Fall of earth and rocks kill 200 (Quebrada Blanca Canyon, Colombia)
- Wings release Band on the Run andZoo Gang in the UK
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1974 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Gordon Lightfoot - Sundown
- Bo Donaldson & The Heywoods - Billy, Don't Be A Hero
- The Stylistics - You Make Me Feel Brand New
- William DeVaughn - Be Thankful For What You Got
- Olivia Newton-John - If You Love Me (Let Me Know)
- The Hues Corporation - Rock The Boat
- Kool & The Gang - Hollywood Swinging
- Paul McCartney - Band On The Run
- George McCrae - Rock Your Baby
- John Denver - Annie's Song
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?