Wednesday 28 June 1989
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was George H. W. Bush (Republican). In that special week of June people in US were listening to Baby Don't Forget My Number by Milli Vanilli.
In UK Sealed With A Kiss by Jason Donovan was in the top 5 hits.
Weekend at Bernie's, directed by Ted Kotcheff, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1989
while The Russia House by John le Carré was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1989.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 June 1989!
Which were the important events of 28 June 1989 ?
- Feast of St Irenaeus of Lyon
- Vidovdan, Orthodox religious holiday commemorating St. Vitus
- National Handshake Day
- Markiplier : American YouTuber.
- Andrew Fifita: Australian rugby player.
- Julia Zlobina: Russian-Azerbaijani figure skater.
- Nicole Rottmann: Austrian tennis player.
- Lucy Rose: English singer-songwriter and guitarist.
- Mark Fischbach: YouTube Star
- Joris Ivens: The greatest Dutch documentary film-maker ever, a cosmopolitan, anarchist and communist.
- The 600th anniversary of the Battle of Kosovo. Serbian leader Slobodan Milosevic delivers the Gazimestan speech at the site of the historic battle.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1989 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Milli Vanilli - Baby Don't Forget My Number
- Fine Young Cannibals - Good Thing
- Richard Marx - Satisfied
- Neneh Cherry - Buffalo Stance
- Simply Red - If You Don't Know Me By Now
- Madonna - Express Yourself
- Donna Summer - This Time I Know It's For Real
- Cyndi Lauper - I Drove All Night
- Natalie Cole - Miss You Like Crazy
- New Kids On The Block - I'll Be Loving You (Forever)
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?