Sunday 28 June 2009
It was Sunday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic). In that special week of June people in US were listening to Boom Boom Pow by The Black Eyed Peas.
My Sister's Keeper, directed by Nick Cassavetes, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2009
while New Moon by Stephenie Meyer was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2009.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 June 2009!
Which were the important events of 28 June 2009 ?
- Feast of St Irenaeus of Lyon
- Vidovdan, Orthodox religious holiday commemorating St. Vitus
- National Handshake Day
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 28 June
- The Supreme Court of Honduras orders the arrest and exile of President Manuel Zelaya, claiming he was violating the nation's constitution by holding a referendum to stay in power. and multiple nations around the world.
- The United Kingdom reports its second death from swine flu. (Reuters)
- 2009 Honduran political crisis:
- President Manuel Zelaya is removed from office by the army ahead of a disputed constitutional referendum and sent to Costa Rica. (BBC)
- Congress appoints Roberto Micheletti as interim president. (Dow Jones via NASDAQ)
- The Supreme Court of Justice claims that it ordered Zelaya's removal from office for repeatedly defying its rulings. (AP via Yahoo! News)
- A presidential election takes place in Guinea-Bissau following the death of former President João Bernardo Vieira. (BBC)
- Voters in Albania go to the polls in a parliamentary election. (BBC)
- Iranian authorities arrest eight employees at the British embassy in Tehran. (''Financial Times'')
- Voters in Argentina go to the polls for the legislative elections. (France 24)
- Russia will shutdown every legal casino in the state by Wednesday. (The New York Times)
- An internet child pornography ring, involving at least 2,000 IP addresses in 78 countries, is uncovered in Switzerland. (BBC)
- Billy Mays died on this day.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 2009 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?