Saturday 28 March 1914
It was Saturday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
The Mysterious X, directed by Benjamin Christensen, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1914
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1914.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 March 1914!
Which were the important events of 28 March 1914 ?
- Saint Sixtus III
- Slovakia, Czech Republic - Teachers' Day.
- Saint Castor
- Saint Gontram (died 592)
- Saint Malchus
- Saint Priscus
- Edward Anhalt: American screenwriter and producer (d. 2000).
- Bohumil Hrabal: Czech author (d. 1997).
- Kenneth Norris: Australian entomologist and academic (d. 2003).
- Everett Ruess: American explorer poet and painter (d. 1934).
- Guido Carli: Italian politician, economist, banker.
- Frank Lovejoy: Bronx, New York -- Actor (Man Against Crime, Meet McGraw)
- Kenneth Richard Norris: Australian entomologist (d. 2003)
- Edmund Sixtus Muskie (Senator-Democrat-Maine): US Secretary of State (1980).
- Edmund Muskie: American politician who served in the Maine House of Representatives from 1947-1951 and was the Democratic floor leader from 1949-1951. In both 1953 and 1956 he also was elected Governor of Maine and, in 1958, he was the first Democratic U.S. Senator ever elected by popular vote in Maine.
- Hanus Trnecek composer: dies at age 55.
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1914 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Little Grey Home in the West - Charles Harrison
- All Aboard for Dixieland - American Quartet
- La Golondrina (The Swallow) - Victor Military Band
- That International Rag - Prince's Orchestra
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?