Thursday 28 March 1940
It was Thursday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Dark Command, directed by Raoul Walsh, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1940
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1940.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 March 1940!
Which were the important events of 28 March 1940 ?
- Saint Sixtus III
- Slovakia, Czech Republic - Teachers' Day.
- Saint Castor
- Saint Gontram (died 592)
- Saint Malchus
- Saint Priscus
- Tony Barber: English-born Australian radio and television personality, a game show host and singer.
- Yves Bérubé: Canadian engineer and politician (d. 1993).
- Luis Cubilla: Uruguayan footballer and coach (d. 2013).
- Martin Neary: English organist and conductor.
- J Michael Plumb: Islip, New York -- Equestrian (1976, 84 Olympics - 2 Gold / 4 Silver Medals).
- Kevin Loughery NBA star/coach (Baltimore: Philadelphia).
- Russell Banks: American writer who dedicated his sixth novel, "Affliction," to his dad, a pipe fitter who died in 1979. With an alcoholic father, he experienced a childhood of turbulence and confusion. He was the eldest of four kids and was beat up by his dad every once in a while. Despite his home life, he excelled in sports and academics. When he was 12, his dad left the family, leaving a love-hate relationship behind him.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?