Sunday 28 March 1948
It was Sunday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Dianne Wiest in Kansas City and Wubbo J Ockels in Almelo.
Paisan, directed by Roberto Rossellini, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1948
On TV people were watching The Swift Show.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 March 1948!
Which were the important events of 28 March 1948 ?
- Saint Sixtus III
- Slovakia, Czech Republic - Teachers' Day.
- Saint Castor
- Saint Gontram (died 592)
- Saint Malchus
- Saint Priscus
- Dianne Wiest in Kansas City: Missouri, USA; actress (Radio Days, Hannah and Her Sisters, Footloose).
- Wubbo J Ockels in Almelo: Netherlands; astronaut (STS 22).
- John Evans [Evan] rock drummer (Jethro Tull: Blades - "A Song for Jeffrey").
- Gerry House: American radio personality.
- Jayne Ann Krentz: American novelist.
- Matthew Corbett: English actor puppeteer and screenwriter
- John Evan: English keyboard player songwriter and producer (Jethro Tull)
- Dennis Unkovic: American lawyer and author
- Dianne Wiest: American actress
- Milan Williams: American keyboard player (The Commodores) (d. 2006)
- 2nd Tony Awards: Mister Roberts win
- Second Tony Awards: Mister Roberts win.
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1948 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Now is the Hour (Maori Farewell Song) - Buddy Clark
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?