Sunday 28 March 1954
It was Sunday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
In UK I See The Moon by The Stargazers was in the top 5 hits.
La Ronde, directed by Max Ophls, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1954
while Not As A Stranger by Morton Thompson was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 March 1954!
Which were the important events of 28 March 1954 ?
- Saint Sixtus III
- Slovakia, Czech Republic - Teachers' Day.
- Saint Castor
- Saint Gontram (died 592)
- Saint Malchus
- Saint Priscus
- Donald Brown: American pianist and educator (The Jazz Messengers).
- Morris Mason: American convicted rapist and murderer (d. 1985).
- Arthur Goode: American homicidal homosexual pederast pedophile, a borderline retard and schizophrenic.
- Sondra Bertelli: American actress.
- Francis B Young: British Physician / writer (In South Africa), dies at 69.
- 8th Tony Awards: Teahouse of the August Moon and Kismet win.
- WKAQ TV channel 2 in San Juan, PR (TM) begins broadcasting
- Louise Suggs wins LPGA Betsy Rawls Golf Open.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1954 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Tony Martin - Here
- A Girl A Girl (Zoom-Ba Di Alli Nella) - Eddie Fisher
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 28 March 1954 and get them!