Wednesday 28 March 1956
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
In UK It's Almost Tomorrow by The Dreamweavers was in the top 5 hits.
The Man Who Never Was, directed by Ronald Neame, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1956
while The Last Hurrah by Edwin O'Connor was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1956.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 March 1956!
Which were the important events of 28 March 1956 ?
- Saint Sixtus III
- Slovakia, Czech Republic - Teachers' Day.
- Saint Castor
- Saint Gontram (died 592)
- Saint Malchus
- Saint Priscus
- Jacky Jacobe: French homicide; the killer of his mistress with a revolver 8/23/1987, Bar-de-Duc, France.
- Susan Ershler: American mountaineer and author.
- Evelin Jahl: in the German Democratic Republic; discus thrower (Olympics-2 gold-1976).
- April Margera: mother of Bam Margera.
- Arthur "Big Boy" Crudup: Vocalist, dies of a heart attack.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1956 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?