Friday 28 March 1958
It was Friday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican). In that special week of March people in US were listening to Tequila by The Champs.
In UK Magic Moments by Perry Como was in the top 5 hits.
The Long, Hot Summer, directed by Martin Ritt, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1958
while Anatomy Of A Murder by Robert Traver was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1958.
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 March 1958!
Which were the important events of 28 March 1958 ?
- Saint Sixtus III
- Slovakia, Czech Republic - Teachers' Day.
- Saint Castor
- Saint Gontram (died 592)
- Saint Malchus
- Saint Priscus
- Arto Nyqvist: Finnish motorcycle racer, daredevil.
- Bart Wayne Conner: Morton Grove, Illinois -- Gymnist (1984 Olympics - 2 Gold Medals).
- Edesio Alejandro: Cuban music composer.
- Brickhouse Brown: American wrestler.
- Bart Conner: American gymnast and sportscaster.
- Lou Franceschetti: Canadian ice hockey player
- Curt Hennig: American professional wrestler (Born 1959)
- W[illiam] C[hristopher] Handy, US conductor/composer (Saint Louis Blues), dies at age 84.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1958 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Champs - Tequila
- Chuck Berry - Sweet Little Sixteen
- The Chordettes - Lollipop
- Connie Francis - Who's Sorry Now
- The Four Preps - 26 Miles (Santa Catalina)
- The Crescendos - Oh Julie
- Dinner With Drac Part 1 - John Zacherle
- Elvis Presley - Don't
- Billy Vaughn and His Orchestra - Sail Along Silvery Moon
- Perry Como - Catch A Falling Star
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?