Thursday 28 March 1968
It was Thursday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic). In that special week of March people in US were listening to (Sittin' On) The Dock Of The Bay by Otis Redding.
In UK Cinderella Rockefella by Esther & Abi Ofarim was in the top 5 hits.
The Party, directed by Blake Edwards, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1968
while The Confessions Of Nat Turner by William Styron was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1968.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 March 1968!
Which were the important events of 28 March 1968 ?
- Saint Sixtus III
- Slovakia, Czech Republic - Teachers' Day.
- Saint Castor
- Saint Gontram (died 592)
- Saint Malchus
- Saint Priscus
- Teee Williams: Los Angeles, California -- Volleyball outside hitter (1992, 96 Olympics - Bronze Medalist).
- Iris Chang: American historian and journalist.
- Colin Brazier: English journalist.
- Nasser Hussain: Indian-English cricketer and sportscaster.
- Jon Lee: English-American drummer (The Darling Buds Feeder and Raindancer) (d. 2002).
- Tim Lovejoy: British television presenter
- Max Perlich: Actor (JH Brodie-Homicide)
- Chad Biafore: hockey defenseman (Team Italy 1998).
- Dennis Postlewait in Jacksonville: North Carolina, USA; Nike golfer (1994 Wichita Open).
- Brazilian high school student Edson Luis de Lima Souto is shot by the police in a protest for cheaper meals at a restaurant for low-income students. The aftermath of his death is one of the first major events against the military dictatorship.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1968 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Otis Redding - (Sittin' On) The Dock Of The Bay
- Paul Mauriat and His Orchestra - Love Is Blue (L'Amour Est Bleu)
- The Monkees - Valleri
- 1910 Fruitgum Company - Simon Says
- Aretha Franklin - (Sweet Sweet Baby) Since You've Been Gone
- The Delfonics - La - La Means I Love You
- Union Gap - Young Girl
- Georgie Fame - The Ballad Of Bonnie And Clyde
- The Beatles - Lady Madonna
- Dionne Warwick - (Theme From) Valley Of The Dolls
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?