Tuesday 28 May 1901
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was William McKinley (Republican).
Forward, directed by N/A, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1901
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1901.
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 May 1901!
Which were the important events of 28 May 1901 ?
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Germain of Paris
- Republic Day in Azerbaijan and Armenia (both 1918).
- Bernard of Menthon
- Augustine of Canterbury
- William of Gellone
- MONA-DOL : Lille Actor.
- François Jaffré: French centenarian, one of France's last six surviving servicemen from World War I, who died at the age of 105 on 22 September 2006 in Viroflay, France.
- 26th Preakness: Fred Landry aboard The Parader wins in 1:47.2.
- Laws against phosphor matches enacted (inhibition white phosphorous).
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1901 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Absence Makes the Heart Grow Fonder - George J. Gaskin
- Uncle Josh Weathersby on a Trip to Boston - Cal Stewart
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in May 1901?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?