Sunday 28 May 1911
It was Sunday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
The Infant at Snakeville, directed by Gilbert M. 'Broncho Billy' Anderson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1911
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 May 1911!
Which were the important events of 28 May 1911 ?
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Germain of Paris
- Republic Day in Azerbaijan and Armenia (both 1918).
- Bernard of Menthon
- Augustine of Canterbury
- William of Gellone
- Fritz Hochwälder: Austrian playwright (d. 1986).
- Thora Hird: English actress, who initially she made regular appearances in films, before gaining her highest profile in television comedy, notably the sitcoms Meet the Wife (1963–66), In Loving Memory (1979–86), Hallelujah! (1981-1984), and for nearly two decades in Last of the Summer Wine (1986–2003).
- Skeets Herfurt: American jazz musician, a sax and clarinet player, and singer.
- Jean-Pierre Levy: resistance leader, dies at age 85.
- Fritz Hochwalder: Austrian playwright (d. 1986).
- Jean-Pierre Lévy: French head of one of the three major French resistance movements in World War II, Franc-Tireur.
- Lea Goldberg: A prolific Hebrew-language poet, author, playwright, literary translator, and comparative literary researcher. Her writings are considered classics of Israeli literature and remain very popular among Hebrew speaking Israelis.Goldberg and her mother became very close and lived together until Goldberg's death.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1911 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- To the Strains of That Wedding March (It's a Long, Long Walk) - Billy Murray
- Come, Josephine, in My Flying Machine - Harry Tally
- The Story of the Rose - John Barnes Wells
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in May 1911?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?