Monday 28 May 1934
It was Monday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Rob du Bois and Marie Dionne.
Little Miss Marker, directed by Alexander Hall, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1934
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 May 1934!
Which were the important events of 28 May 1934 ?
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Germain of Paris
- Republic Day in Azerbaijan and Armenia (both 1918).
- Bernard of Menthon
- Augustine of Canterbury
- William of Gellone
- Rob du Bois: Composer.
- Marie Dionne: Dionne quintuplets (d. 1970).
- Emilie Dionne: Dionne quintuplets (d. 1954).
- Annette Dionne: Dionne quintuplets.
- Yvonne Dionne: Dionne quintuplets(d. 2001).
- Cecile Dionne: Dionne quintuplets
- Dionne Quintuplets: Canadian quintuplets born to an Ontario farm couple, believed to be the first quints to live more than a few hours and the first to all survive. They were delivered by Dr. Allan Dafoe who saved them with borrowed incubators. Their combined weight was 13 lbs 6 oz.
- Harold Sorgenti: American chemical engineer and CEO of Arco Chemical, a chemical production company. After an explosion at a chemical plant, FTC made him divest one of two chemical lines, citing an antitrust problem. With demand down for basic chemicals, earnings are slow in rebuilding.
- Bill Baillie: New Zealand runner
- Bradman gets 160 Aust vs. Middlesex, 124 mins, 27 fours, 1x6, 1x5
- The Glyndebourne festival in England is inaugurated.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?