Tuesday 28 May 1940
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Our Town, directed by Sam Wood, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1940
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 May 1940!
Which were the important events of 28 May 1940 ?
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Germain of Paris
- Republic Day in Azerbaijan and Armenia (both 1918).
- Bernard of Menthon
- Augustine of Canterbury
- William of Gellone
- Maeve Binchy: Irish author and playwright (d. 2012).
- David Brewer: English politician Lord-Lieutenant of Greater London.
- Shlomo Riskin: American rabbi and academic founded the Lincoln Square Synagogue.
- Betty Shabazz: Educator / talk show hostess / widow (Malcolm X).
- Hans Dulfer: Tenor saxophonist / director (Paradiso).
- Belgium surrenders to Germany, King Leopold III gives himself up
- World War II: Norwegian, French, Polish and British forces recapture Narvik in Norway. This is the first allied infantry victory of the War.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?