Tuesday 28 May 1946
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
The Stranger, directed by Orson Welles, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1946
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1946.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 May 1946!
Which were the important events of 28 May 1946 ?
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Germain of Paris
- Republic Day in Azerbaijan and Armenia (both 1918).
- Bernard of Menthon
- Augustine of Canterbury
- William of Gellone
- Peter Engberg: Danish film director, nationally acknowledged for his work.
- Skip Jutze: American baseball player.
- Janet Paraskeva: Welsh politician.
- K Satchidanandan: Indian poet and critic.
- William Shawcross: English journalist and author.
- Madeleine Le Roux: Wyoming, United States -- Broadway actress (Cry Uncle)
- Jean-Charles : French hairdresser to the stars, whose clients included Brigitte Bardot, Jane Mansfield, Isabelle Adjani, and Simone Signoret.
- 1st night game at Yankee stadium (Senators 2, Yanks 1)
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1946 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Hey! Ba-Ba-Re-Bop - Tex Beneke & The Glenn Miller Orchestra
- Peggy Lee - I Don't Know Enough About You
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?