Wednesday 28 May 1947
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Faith Brown and Patti Reynolds.
Great Expectations, directed by David Lean, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1947
On TV people were watching The Wife Saver.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 May 1947!
Which were the important events of 28 May 1947 ?
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Germain of Paris
- Republic Day in Azerbaijan and Armenia (both 1918).
- Bernard of Menthon
- Augustine of Canterbury
- William of Gellone
- Faith Brown: Impressionist.
- Patti Reynolds: Chicago, Illinois -- Playmate (Sept, 1965).
- Sondra Locke in Shelbyville: Tennessee, USA; actress (Heart Is a Lonely Hunter).
- Beth Howland in Boston: Massachusetts, USA; actress (Vera - Alice).
- Lynn Johnston: Canadian cartoon artist, the creator of "For Better or For Worse" with 100 million readers daily worldwide.
- Brandon Wilder: American psychologist who is the creator of R-1, a type of behavioral training.
- Michel Molinier:
- Zahi Hawass: Egyptian archaeologist and academic
- Leland Sklar: American singer-songwriter and bass player (The Section and Era)
- August Eigruber: Austrian-German politician (d. 1947).
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1947 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- The Red Silk Stockings and Green Perfume - Sammy Kaye & His Orchestra
- Chi-Baba Chi-Baba (My Bambino Go To Sleep) - Perry Como
- That's My Desire - Sammy Kaye & His Orchestra (Vocal Don Cornell)
- I Wonder, I Wonder, I Wonder - Guy Lombardo & His Royal Canadians
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?