Wednesday 28 May 1947
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Great Expectations, directed by David Lean, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1947
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1947.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 May 1947!
Which were the important events of 28 May 1947 ?
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Germain of Paris
- Republic Day in Azerbaijan and Armenia (both 1918).
- Bernard of Menthon
- Augustine of Canterbury
- William of Gellone
- Faith Brown: Impressionist.
- Patti Reynolds: Chicago, Illinois -- Playmate (Sept, 1965).
- Sondra Locke in Shelbyville: Tennessee, USA; actress (Heart Is a Lonely Hunter).
- Zahi Hawass: Egyptian archaeologist and academic.
- Leland Sklar: American singer-songwriter and bass player (The Section and Era).
- Brandon Wilder: American psychologist who is the creator of R-1, a type of behavioral training.
- Lynn Johnston: Canadian cartoon artist, the creator of "For Better or For Worse" with 100 million readers daily worldwide. She began drawing her stories of the life of a Canadian family with their neighborhood and friends in 1979. It is a sit-com in real time that deals with real issues in the lives of a family we can all relate to and care about and is syndicated in 1,700 newspapers, reaching some 104 million readers.
- Beth Howland in Boston: Massachusetts, USA; actress (Vera - Alice).
- Michel Molinier:
- August Eigruber: Austrian-German politician (d. 1947).
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1947 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- The Red Silk Stockings and Green Perfume - Sammy Kaye & His Orchestra
- Chi-Baba Chi-Baba (My Bambino Go To Sleep) - Perry Como
- That's My Desire - Sammy Kaye & His Orchestra (Vocal Don Cornell)
- I Wonder, I Wonder, I Wonder - Guy Lombardo & His Royal Canadians
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?