Friday 28 May 1948
It was Friday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
The Counterfeiters, directed by Peter Stewart, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1948
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 May 1948!
Which were the important events of 28 May 1948 ?
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Germain of Paris
- Republic Day in Azerbaijan and Armenia (both 1918).
- Bernard of Menthon
- Augustine of Canterbury
- William of Gellone
- Pierre Rapsat: Belgian singer-songwriter (d. 2002).
- Bob Shearer in Melbourne: Victoria, Australia; Australasia golfer.
- Ray Laidlaw: British rock drummer (Jack the Lad).
- Unity Mitford: English fascist sympathizer (Born 1914).
- Daniel Francois Malan defeats Jan Smuts and becomes Prime Minister of South Africa, ushering in the era of apartheid, which is finally dismantled by F W de Klerk in 1994.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1948 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- You Can't be True, Dear - Vera Lynn
- Sportsmen - You Can't be True Dear
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?