Thursday 28 May 1953
It was Thursday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Pierre Gauthier and Arto Lindsay.
In UK I Believe by Frankie Laine was in the top 5 hits.
Julius Caesar, directed by Joseph L. Mankiewicz, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1953
while The Silver Chalice by Thomas B. Costain was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Candid Camera.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 May 1953!
Which were the important events of 28 May 1953 ?
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Germain of Paris
- Republic Day in Azerbaijan and Armenia (both 1918).
- Bernard of Menthon
- Augustine of Canterbury
- William of Gellone
- Pierre Gauthier: Canadian ice hockey player and manager.
- Arto Lindsay: American singer-songwriter guitarist producer (DNA The Golden Palominos The Lounge Lizards and Ambitious Lovers).
- Hori Tatsuo: Japanese writer (Born 1904).
- Premier of 1st animated 3-D cartoon in Technicolor-Melody
- Premiere of first animated 3-D cartoon in Technicolor: Melody.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 28 May 1953
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1953 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Ruby - Les Baxter & His Orchestra
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?