Saturday 28 May 1955
It was Saturday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
In UK Stranger In Paradise by Tony Bennett was in the top 5 hits.
The Seven Year Itch, directed by Billy Wilder, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1955
while Something Of Value by Robert Ruark was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1955.
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 May 1955!
Which were the important events of 28 May 1955 ?
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Germain of Paris
- Republic Day in Azerbaijan and Armenia (both 1918).
- Bernard of Menthon
- Augustine of Canterbury
- William of Gellone
- Jennifer Carey: American athlete, an Olympic champion swimmer, she won the gold for the 400m freestyle relay in 1972 in Munich.
- Laura Schlitz: American author and librarian.
- Mark Howe: American-Canadian professional ice hockey player and noted family, his dad is hockey player Gordie Howe.
- John McGeoch: Scottish guitarist (Siouxsie and the Banshees, Public Image Ltd.
- Bob Sweikert wins Indianapolis 500 with an average speed of 128.213 mph.
- Fay Crocker wins LPGA Wolverine Golf Open.
- 81st Preakness: Eddie Arcaro aboard Nashua wins in 1:54.6.
- Henry Bolte becomes Premier of the Australian state of Victoria.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1955 ?
Top #6 songs in the USA
- Unchained Melody - Les Baxter & His Orchestra
- Bill Hayes - The Ballad Of Davy Crockett
- Fess Parker - Ballad Of Davy Crockett
- Eddie Fisher - Heart
- Bill Haley and His Comets - (We're Gonna) Rock Around The Clock
- Frank Sinatra - Learnin' The Blues
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?