Sunday 28 May 1961
It was Sunday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic). In that special week of May people in US were listening to Mother-In-Law by Ernie K-Doe.
In UK Blue Moon by The Marcels was in the top 5 hits.
A Raisin in the Sun, directed by Daniel Petrie, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1961
while The Agony And The Ecstasy by Irving Stone was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 May 1961!
Which were the important events of 28 May 1961 ?
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Germain of Paris
- Republic Day in Azerbaijan and Armenia (both 1918).
- Bernard of Menthon
- Augustine of Canterbury
- William of Gellone
- Michelle Collins: Soap Opera Actress.
- Julie Wallace: English actress.
- Roland Gift: English singer-songwriter and actor (Fine Young Cannibals and Akrylykz).
- Stephane Violet: French movie-maker, extreme leftist.
- Amnesty International founded (Nobel Peace Prize 1977)
- Last trip (Paris to Bucharest) on Orient Express (after 78 years).
- Record 27 homeruns hit in seven American League games.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1961 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Del Shannon - Runaway
- Ricky Nelson - Travelin' Man
- Ernie K-Doe - Mother-In-Law
- Roy Orbison - Running Scared
- Shep and the Limelites - Daddy's Home
- Gene McDaniels - A Hundred Pounds Of Clay
- Linda Scott - I've Told Every Little Star
- The Shirelles - Mama Said
- Connie Francis - Breakin' In A Brand New Broken Heart
- Ricky Nelson - Hello Mary Lou
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?