Friday 28 May 1965
It was Friday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Michael Charles Brisky in Brownsville and Chantal Bailey in Champaign.
In that special week of May people in US were listening to Help Me, Rhonda by The Beach Boys.
In UK Ticket To Ride by The Beatles was in the top 5 hits.
Shenandoah, directed by Andrew V. McLaglen, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1965
while Up The Down Staircase by Bel Kaufman was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Meine Melodie.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 May 1965!
Which were the important events of 28 May 1965 ?
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Germain of Paris
- Republic Day in Azerbaijan and Armenia (both 1918).
- Bernard of Menthon
- Augustine of Canterbury
- William of Gellone
- Michael Charles Brisky in Brownsville: Texas, USA; PGA golfer (1995 Buick-second).
- Chantal Bailey in Champaign: Illinois, USA; speed skater (Olympics-1994).
- Christa Miller in New York City: New York, USA; actress (Kate - The Drew Carey Show).
- Catherine Tanvier: French tennis player, who emerged in the mid-1980s as one of the brightest young talents in the game.
- Chris Ballew: American singer-songwriter and bass player (The Presidents of the United States of America and Caspar Babypants).
- Mary Coughlan: Irish politician and Deputy prime minister of Ireland
- Fire and explosion at Dhori mine in Dhanbad, India kills 400.
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1965 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Beach Boys - Help Me, Rhonda
- The Beatles - Ticket To Ride
- The Supremes - Back In My Arms Again
- Herman's Hermits - Mrs. Brown You've Got A Lovely Daughter
- Sam the Sham and the Pharaohs - Wooly Bully
- Elvis Presley - Crying In The Chapel
- Gary Lewis and the Playboys - Count Me In
- The Seekers - I'll Never Find Another You
- The Beau Brummels - Just A Little
- Tom Jones - It's Not Unusual
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?