Friday 28 May 1971
It was Friday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Jeff Gove and Isabelle Carre.
In that special week of May people in US were listening to Brown Sugar by The Rolling Stones.
In UK Knock Three Times by Dawn was in the top 5 hits.
Kuroneko, directed by Kaneto Shind, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1971
while The Passions Of The Mind by Irving Stone was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Über ganz Spanien wolkenloser Himmel.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Computer Space or Star Trek.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1971.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 May 1971!
Which were the important events of 28 May 1971 ?
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Germain of Paris
- Republic Day in Azerbaijan and Armenia (both 1918).
- Bernard of Menthon
- Augustine of Canterbury
- William of Gellone
- Jeff Gove: Seattle, Washington -- Nike golfer (1991 Ralphs Senior Classic).
- Isabelle Carre: French actress.
- Jeff Gove in Seattle: Washington, USA; Nike golfer (1991 Ralphs Senior Classic).
- Nick Bravin in New York City: New York, USA; fencer-foil (Olympics-1996).
- Isabelle Carré: French actress, she won a Cesar award (best actress) for her role in "Se souvenir des belles choses" in 2001, playing with Bernard Campan.
- Krista Harrison: American homicide victim, age 11 when she was abducted by Robert Buell on 7/17/1982. Her body was found a week later, strangled and sexually attacked, burned by candles and scrubbed clean.
- Marco Rubio: American politician, United States Senator from Florida, serving since January 2011. On 13 April 2015, Rubio announced his candidacy for president in 2016.
- Ekaterina Gordeeva: Russian figure skater and sportscaster
- Paul McCartney releases his 2nd solo album Ram
- USSR Mars 3 launched, 1st spacecraft to soft land on Mars
- Portugal resigns from UNESCO.
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1971 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Rolling Stones - Brown Sugar
- Three Dog Night - Joy To The World
- Jackson 5 - Never Can Say Goodbye
- The Honey Cone - Want Ads
- Ringo Starr - It Don't Come Easy
- Ocean - Put Your Hand In The Hand
- Aretha Franklin - Bridge Over Troubled Water
- Donny Osmond - Sweet And Innocent
- Lobo - Me And You And A Dog Named Boo
- Daddy Dewdrop - Chick-A-Boom (Don't Ya Jes' Love It)
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?