Tuesday 28 May 1974
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican). In that special week of May people in US were listening to The Streak by Ray Stevens.
In UK Sugar Baby Love by The Rubettes was in the top 5 hits.
My Name is Nobody, directed by Tonino Valerii, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1974
while Watership Down by Richard Adams was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1974.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 May 1974!
Which were the important events of 28 May 1974 ?
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Germain of Paris
- Republic Day in Azerbaijan and Armenia (both 1918).
- Bernard of Menthon
- Augustine of Canterbury
- William of Gellone
- Romain Duris: French actor born to an engineer-architect; he studied arts at university.
- Misbah Ul-haq: Cricket Player.
- Hans-Jörg Butt: German footballer.
- Alicia Minshew: American actress.
- Magic Show opens at Cort Theater NYC for 1859 performances
- 26th Emmy Awards: MASH, Alan Alda and Mary Tyler Moore win
- Emmy 1st Daytime Award presentation
- Italians fascist bomb demonstrators in Brescia, 6 killed
- Massachusetts State Lottery begins selling first instant game lottery tickets (latex-covered scratch-off area).
- Northern Ireland's power-sharing Sunningdale Agreement collapses following a general strike by loyalists.
- In Hollywood, California, the 26th Annual Emmy Awards (primetime programming) are presented, hosted by Johnny Carson.
- Stephen Schwartz' musical Magic Show premieres at the Cort Theater in New York City for 1859 performances.
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1974 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Ray Stevens - The Streak
- Paul McCartney - Band On The Run
- Jackson 5 - Dancing Machine
- The Stylistics - You Make Me Feel Brand New
- Marvin Hamlisch - The Entertainer
- Maria Muldaur - Midnight At The Oasis
- Gordon Lightfoot - Sundown
- Joni Mitchell - Help Me
- Bo Donaldson & The Heywoods - Billy, Don't Be A Hero
- Cat Stevens - Oh Very Young
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in May 1974?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?