Wednesday 28 May 1975
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Gerald Ford (Republican). In that special week of May people in US were listening to Before The Next Teardrop Falls by Freddy Fender.
In UK Stand By Your Man by Tammy Wynette was in the top 5 hits.
The Wicker Man, directed by Robin Hardy, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1975
while The Moneychangers by Arthur Hailey was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1975.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 May 1975!
Which were the important events of 28 May 1975 ?
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Germain of Paris
- Republic Day in Azerbaijan and Armenia (both 1918).
- Bernard of Menthon
- Augustine of Canterbury
- William of Gellone
- Caresa Winters: Miss South Dakota USA (1996).
- Mike Fisher: Naperville, Illinois -- Soccer midfielder (1996 Olympics - Gold Medalist).
- Misbah-ul-Haq : Pakistani cricketer.
- Marc Bauer: Swiss illustrator.
- Maura Johnston: American journalist critic and academic.
- Charmaine Sheh: Hong Kong actress and singer
- Soyuz 18 launched.
- The Suez Canal opens for the first time since the Six-Day War.
- The United Kingdom votes yes in a referendum to stay in the European Community.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1975 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Freddy Fender - Before The Next Teardrop Falls
- John Denver - Thank God I'm A Country Boy
- Ace - How Long
- Carpenters - Only Yesterday
- America - Sister Golden Hair
- Grand Funk - Bad Time
- Chicago - Old Days
- Earth, Wind & Fire - Shining Star
- Paul Anka - I Don't Like To Sleep Alone
- Linda Ronstadt - When Will I Be Loved
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?