Monday 28 May 1979
It was Monday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Jimmy Carter (Democratic). In that special week of May people in US were listening to Hot Stuff by Donna Summer.
In UK Bright Eyes by Art Garfunkel was in the top 5 hits.
A Force of One, directed by Paul Aaron, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1979
while The Matarese Circle by Robert Ludlum was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1979.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 May 1979!
Which were the important events of 28 May 1979 ?
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Germain of Paris
- Republic Day in Azerbaijan and Armenia (both 1918).
- Bernard of Menthon
- Augustine of Canterbury
- William of Gellone
- Abdulaziz al-Omari: Saudi Arabian terrorist hijacker of American Airlines Flight 11 (d. 2001).
- Jesse Bradford: American actor.
- Ronald Curry: American football player and coach.
- Joeri Jansen: Belgian athlete.
- Monica Keena: American actress.
- European Market accepts Greece as member.
- Constantine Karamanlis signs the full treaty of the accession of Greece with the European Economic Community.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1979 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Donna Summer - Hot Stuff
- Peaches & Herb - Reunited
- Bee Gees - Love You Inside Out
- Sister Sledge - We Are Family
- Wings - Goodnight Tonight
- Randy Vanwarmer - Just When I Needed You Most
- Jacksons - Shake Your Body (Down To The Ground)
- Village People - In The Navy
- Supertramp - The Logical Song
- England Dan and John Ford Coley - Love Is The Answer
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?