Wednesday 28 May 1980
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Jimmy Carter (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Cheri Wheeler and Miguel Perez.
In that special week of May people in US were listening to Funkytown by Lipps, Inc..
In UK What's Another Year by Johnny Logan was in the top 5 hits.
The Canterbury Tales, directed by Pier Paolo Pasolini, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1980
while The Bourne Identity by Robert Ludlum was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Adventure Game.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Dogfight or Terrorist.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 May 1980!
Which were the important events of 28 May 1980 ?
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Germain of Paris
- Republic Day in Azerbaijan and Armenia (both 1918).
- Bernard of Menthon
- Augustine of Canterbury
- William of Gellone
- Cheri Wheeler: Miss Georgia Teen USA (1997).
- Miguel Perez: Spanish footballer.
- Olivier Thomert: French football/soccer player, who started his career at Le Mans, and had spells at Lens, Rennes and Hércules.
- Mark Feehily: Irish vocalist (Westlife).
- Markus Feehily: Irish singer-songwriter and pianist (Westlife).
- Miguel Pérez: Spanish footballer
- Lucy Shuker: English tennis player
- Jørgen Strickert: Norwegian comedian author and radio host
- 2 Oakland Athletics steal home in 1st inning
- Nottingham Forrest wins 25th Europe Cup 1 in Madrid, Spain.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 28 May 1980
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1980 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Lipps, Inc. - Funkytown
- Blondie - Call Me
- Paul McCartney - Coming Up (Live At Glasgow)
- Paul McCartney - Coming Up
- Kenny Rogers - Don't Fall In Love With A Dreamer
- Dr. Hook - Sexy Eyes
- Ambrosia - Biggest Part Of Me
- The Brothers Johnson - Stomp!
- Linda Ronstadt - Hurt So Bad
- Bob Seger - Against The Wind
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?